Tuesday, August 4, 2009

About Very Chic Baby

Years ago I was able to find very few shoes for my children that measured up to my standards, they had to be flexible, cute, affordable, and most importantly they needed to stay on! I found it a nearly impossible feat so I made my own. I came up with my pattern which I have tweaked many times over the years. I have been making my kids shoes for a decade now & would love to share the shoe love with others! It is a wonderful feeling to know I can create affordable & comfortable shoes for children and adults alike. I also am proud to say I use recycled materials!

I use recycled materials for the construction of almost all of my shoes. I primarily use wool sweaters, corduroy, and/or rescued leather. I also make fleece (new of course) shoes. Occasionally I make fabric shoes - but almost exclusively from vintage fabrics or clothing. All shoes have leather or suede soles regardless of the size. Leather/Suede soles allow for outdoor use however, I do not recommend using them in wet weather.. The lining is (new) fleece. The shoes are also washable.

I have found that there such a giant difference from child to child for shoes. I know I have ordered shoes by “age” so many times only to receive them & be disappointed because they were either too big or too small. For that reason I will take your child’s actual foot measurement (from longest toe to back of heel) & make the shoes sized to fit with a little wiggle room of course.

At this time I am taking requests for colors such as Girl, Boy, or G/N (Gender Neutral). Feel free to inquire about certain colors. You may request Wool, Leather/Suede, Fleece, or Corduroy outers. Feel free to pm me about embellishments. I will not copy another WAHMS work. Please do not ask.

Prices are as follows:

Recycled Wool Shoes $16
Leather/Suede Shoes $22
Add $3-7 for embellishment

Please add $2 for shoes over 6” in length. You can e-mail me for pricing on adult shoes. Pricing does not includ the cost of shipping. Shipping is $2 per pair.

As a side note, I do not accept PP. I do accept Rme, checks, money orders, & concealed cash. The turn around time for the shoes will be less than one week after payment is received unless I am on a quest to find something extra special that you request!

No comments:

Post a Comment