Friday, August 21, 2009

Quilts too!!




I have had a few inquiries about my quilts so I just wanted to give you a look at what I have done/can do... My "Grammy & Pa" became avid quilters back in the early 80's & that is where I inherited my love of quilting from. My Grandmother taught me how to quilt when I was in middle school!




I love the way you can take a bunch of fabric, sew it together & have something to treasure forever. I have a bit of a quilt addiction so it is nice to make them for others because if you can possibly imagine having too many, we probably do.. :)

The red & denim quilt is made from bandanas & denim pockets taken from old blue jeans. I have hundreds of pockets I have collected over the past 15 years so there are plenty more where those came from.. lol



The pastel pink quilt is a small version of a large one that was on my daughters bed for many years It was one of my first quilts.




The last quilt is made from my daughters first year baby clothes. It hangs on a quilt rack in her room & is by far my most favorite because each time I look at it I am reminded of a special outfit, a favorite pair of jammies, or a frilly dress that she wore. She is 12 now & it amazes me how fast time has flown by.

Quilts are treasures & I would love to help you find the right one for your home or your loved one. Please let me know if you have an idea in mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment